Annually the parish holds a combined silent and oral auction for the purpose of raising funds for extraordinary needs of the school. All adult parishioners are invited to an evening of fellowship that includes an appetizer buffet. Contact: Cathedral School, 402.489.9621 or Laura & Ryan Johnson at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

500 Club

500 Club is a monthly lottery drawing held on the first Wednesday of each month. The drawing has the numbers 1-500 in it. Each number costs $5.00 per month. There are ten winners each month. The prize money returned each month is equal to 65% of the total money in the drawing. The remaining 35% is set aside for purchasing items for the school such as textbooks, school repairs, playground equipment, etc. The 500 Club welcomes new members anytime. Contact: Todd/Nancy Jarchow, 402.489.1591.

Trunk or Treat

An annual event, Trunk or Treat takes place near Halloween and All Saints Day and is an evening of community, camaraderie and candy! The event is especially for Cathedral School children, parishioners and their families, but all from the area are welcome to join us.

Here's how it works: during the evening cars sponsored by families, teachers and businesses arrange themselves in the Cathedral parking lot(s). These parked cars are decorated - games and other festive items are encouraged - and children are able to trick-or-treat in a safe and controlled environment as they move from vehicle to vehicle. Costumes and trunks should be tasteful with an understanding that this is a family event.

Cash prizes are given to the three best trunks, as voted upon by a school panel. Businesses are allowed to host a trunk and may include a promotional item with their treats. Often food, drink and entertainment are provided in conjunction with the event.

Entry is $2.00 per trick or treater (bag provided) at the gate, and all proceeds funding an advertised school project. If you are interested in reserving your spot please contact Amy Kolbet at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Art Show

One of the oldest and most established of its kind (started in 1971), The Cathedral Art Show is a major annual fund-raising project of the Parish Council of Catholic Women (PCCW). The event is held the second week of October; artists and craftsmen from a wide geographical area display and sell their works. A quiche luncheon is served on Friday.

Proceeds go toward the needs of the parish. Contact: Samantha Kavan, 202.8304