We are again providing the annual July Enrollment Packet in two forms: hard copy in the main office, PDF's for you below. There will be no mailing, so please download and print (below), or swing by the main office between 9am-1pm on Wednesdays for hard copies.
Also, be sure you mark your calendars for Back to School Night on August 14th - click here for details.
Please look through the following documents and their descriptions. Return the required paperwork via mail or in the main office as soon as you can to help our front office stay efficient and ahead of the game.
(Items with an asterisk* are resources, not enrollment items to be turned in.)
|Name of Document||Should be completed by...||Download|
|Contact Info Form||
Only submit this form if there are changes from last school year.
|Permission Form||One for each child. This form contains many permission requests from Cathedral School, as well as gathers important information we must update annually.||Permission Form|
|Prescribed Medication Form||Parents of children on prescription medication should contact the main office for a hard copy of this form.||N/A|
|Non-Prescription Form||One for each child in your family.||Non-Prescription Meds|
|Catholic Mutual Parent Training||Mandatory for parents of children entering 3rd grade or new to Cathedral. A certificate will be generated which should be submitted to the main office.||CMG Parent Training|
|Free & Reduced Lunch||Families who feel they may be eligible for this assistance.||Free & Reduced Lunch|
|FACTS Tuition Plan Agreement||Those families new to Cathedral School will need to set up a tuition agreement at the link provided. All returning families have been re-enrolled.||Tuition Agreement|
|School Supply List*||All - Don't feel like facing the shopping mobs? Go to www.classbundl.com to get your supplies, save time, and support Cathedral (5% back to CRC!).||School Supplies|
All students and families are to understand and comply with Cathedral School's standards, policies and procedures.
|Master & Parent Calendar*||It's the calendar, so it affects everyone!||Parent Calendar|
Letter from the Principal
July 1, 2018
Dear Cathedral Parents and Students,
My prayers are with the Eagle Family as you enjoy the summer! We are in the midst of incredible growth and development here in "The Nest", all of which will have a deep impact on the most important people we serve: our children. OK, let's take a look...
Thanks to our community (you!) we will have a new state of the art science lab; thank you all again! We also welcome Dawn Kjeldgaard to her first full year as Development Director for Cathedral, and the timing couldn't be better as we embrace a major addition that impacts Cathedral on five levels. We also enter year one of Wonders Language Arts curriculum, while also finding trends in testing scores that are on the rise. Oh, and the Eaglets welcome their biggest class ever - 66!
Now to the rundown of changes and updates...
- FACTS Tuition Management: This entity will run collection for all tuition. The link provided above will help you set up the account, and this includes those on scholarship and those who pay in full.
- Diocesan Assessment: Every family in the Catholic Diocese of Lincoln is required to pay $25 per child in grades K-12. This is new and is also noted in the FACTS Tuition Managment system.
- Back to School Night: August 14th is a chance to kick off the school year the right way – TOGETHER. We had a busy summer, and we’re excited to share it with you. Students will get the chance to meet their new teachers and settle in while parents will hear about changes and our vision. The evening starts at 6:30pm and concludes with an ice cream social.
- Class Lists/Used Uniforms: A highly-anticipated event, the posting of class lists will take place in Rectors Hall (church basement) the weekend of August 5-6 after Saturday's 5pm Mass. Class lists will also be posted in the hallway outside the school office the following week.
- Before and After School Procedures: (View details)
- There is one change to our pick-up procedures and that impacts 3rd graders: they will exit with their teachers through the west doors (Door 2) and be picked up in the church lot. This is to alleviate some of the issues with traffic on the east side. Third grade will continue to dismiss at the same time as grades K-2.
- Cathedral School is not responsible for children left on school grounds or church grounds prior to 7:45am or 30 minutes after dismissal on school days. The only exception is if the student is enrolled in a school sanctioned program. (Note: Children who are still on campus 20 minutes after dismissal will be placed into the Holy Family Extended Childcare, for which their families will be billed accordingly).
Hot Lunch Program: Price per student lunch is $2.65 (includes milk); milk is $.35; guest lunch is $3.55. Free & Reduced Lunch forms are online; complete and return on Back to School Night if you believe you are eligible (Mrs. Becky Mroz is your contact for lunch information).
Medical Notes: All Kindergarten and 7th Graders must have a physical exam. A copy of their exam and complete immunization info must be received in the school office before the start of the school. (Varicella for K; TDAP for 7th)
Finally, a warm welcome to the Cathedral Eagle Family to our new and moved* staff: Mr. Brad Peterson (7A; Junior High Language Arts); Mr. Mark Simmons (8A Junior High Science); Miss Rose Walsh (5A); Mrs. Dawn Raun* (Religion, Theology of the Body Support, Art); Mrs. Erin Trummer (Eaglet II Aide, Extended Care Coordinator)
See all of you August 14th as we begin the new school year at Back to School Night!
Proudly an Eagle,
Jeremy J. Ekeler
Principal of Cathedral of the Risen Christ School