A Foundation of Faith
Cathedral of the Risen Christ School prides itself on a continued legacy as a model of Faith. Children are prepared for the Sacraments of First Communion, First Reconciliation and Confirmation, while also receiving instruction for a life filled with Faith and service to the Catholic Church. Cathedral also hosts a CCD program, and the church is active in RCIA as well as a plethora of Faith-based organizations.
Nearly all Cathedral students enroll at St. Pius X High School after graduation, where they continue to make us proud after a PK through 8th career immersed in:
- Daily Mass
- Weekly Adoration
- Daily Rosary, Angelus and/or Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Monthly scheduled Confession
- Monthly scheduled Exposition and Benediction
- Friday Stations of the Cross during Lent
- The 6th Grade Daughters of Mary program
- The Junior High Abbey and Advocates program (contact Mrs. Wiebusch for details)
- The Junior High Cadets and Soldiers of Saint Sebastian program (contact Mr. Ekeler)
The Cathedral of the Risen Christ logo is comprised of five shapes, representing the five wounds of Christ. Inside of the rising cross resides a glowing circle: This image represents both the sun behind the cross on Calvary, and most prominently the shape of the Eucharist, making this image a sort of monstrance. The stem of the cross represents a nail, and the contrasting fonts represent both the tradition of Cathedral of the Risen Christ, as well as our forward-looking approach.